Join us on a guided outing, and walk the streets of our local community. Meet interesting front runners & entrepreneurs, folk-story telling legends, and eat local cuisine at `Die Blikkies Kimbys’.
• Pick-up at designated area.
• Walk from Tourism Office.
• Tour the suburb formally known as Immanuel.
• Visit legendary folk-story teller and fisherman, Oom Johannes Saal and hear about the days of old.
• Visit entrepreneur Andries Oktober and see wooden boats and other crafts he makes.
• Walk to visit tannie Lena, midwife and mother & now famous for her delicious roosterkoek and hear some of her stories.
• Final stop is to visit “Paula`s Blikkies Kimbys” and enjoy a well prepared Lunch of local cuisine.
• Registered and Accredited Tour guide
• Walking tour
• Cold drinks / water & Light Lunch at Paula`s Blikkies Kimbys
3 hours - 9:30am to 13:00pm (This tour is available only in the morning)
Starting at R 350.00 per person
Sun hat & sun screen, insect repellent, camera, walking stick, comfortable walking shoes
No handouts to be given to any persons and/ or to children during the walk.
Any donations of food, clothing or money can be done through our Registered BPO Organisation Nikao community project that works closely with our local Social Welfare Offices to support families in need.
Duration 3 hours Cost From R350.00 per person