Discover "The Diamond of the West Coast" with a walk through the history of Lambert’s Bay and our scenic coastline. The beautiful gardens of the Dutch Reformed Church with its pulpit shaped like a fishing boat.
The harbour with folk tales of fishing, counting of snoek and the building of the harbour and breakwater walls. Take a trip down memory lane in the Sandveld Museum and have a look at the oldest buildings in town.
The Cape Gannet Island is our last stop. Bird Island is the only Gannet breeding island of 6 worldwide accessible to tourists and bird lovers. Enjoy some drinks whilst being entertained by the blue eyed birds.
• Meet the guide at designated area – Lambert's Bay Tourism office
• Dutch Reformed Church with its unique sea features
• Lambert’s Bay harbour where the fish industry used to be the hub of Lambert’s Bay, with its “snoek” stories
• Lambert’s Bay Hotel and the first shops
• Sandveld Museum with up to 5 different exhibitions and the history of Lambert’s Bay
• “Skulpies/Shells Route” and the scenic coastline including “Mad Head Bay”
• Old Jewish Factory and some of the oldest houses in town
• Bird Island
• Return and drop-off at Tourism Office
• A registered and accredited tour guide
• All entry fees
Morning Tour: 09h00 – 12h00
Afternoon Tour: 14h00 – 15h00
Pricing is based on the number of guests. Enquire for a quote.
Sun hat and sun screen, insect repellent, camera, comfortable shoes, warm jacket, binoculars
• Lunch at one of our local restaurants
• Boat trip (when available and/or or if enough guests). Additional cost will apply.
Duration 2-3 hours Cost Based on the number of guests